Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Bravo's Weekly Anime Lineup #19


This week's anime screenshot is Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon!!
Here I am again with this week's anime lineup! I don't have much to say at the beginning like I normally do so we'll just get into it! Make sure you're caught up so you don't get spoiled and enjoy!



January 31st, Tuesday:

Nobunaga No Shinobi:

This was a funny episode! No hostile takeover yet or anything more funny stuff. I think the funniest thing that stole the show was the whistle that called Chidori. Thankfully though we finally have Hanbei back! Not quite sure how they found him but he's back and I'm very happy about it! I can't wait for next week. 

ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka:

This show is the most boring anime ever. Well, OK the second most boring I can think of worse but it's pretty up there. Even when we got a bit more action it was boring. The whole thing is just Jean being cool I guess? If that's what cool looks like but not actually doing anything. I don't like this show very much it's really boring it needs sOMETHING to happen please god! 

Onihei:

This is boring to me but in a sort of different way then ACCA. It has some good scenes but is still mostly incredibly plain to me. The cool parts here was the woman character. She was badass and I liked her and the lengths she went to especially before she was rescued. The battles were really nice but other than that it was pretty average this time around. 

Hand Shakers:

Another kind of slow episode. There was a lot of battle and I guess more lore for the Hand Shaker universe. Of course, the main characters won against those two. I still like them a lot, though. They're cute characters. One thing I noticed is that Koyori seems to be gaining sentience of sorts. She tries to talk more and separates from the main body which is interesting. Overall it was kind of interesting but still kind of dull at the same time. 

Nanbaka 2017:

Finally something cool this drab Tuesday! Nanbaka was great this week! I have a feeling the new warden with all the piercings I like is going to be the one to end all this crap and be the hero. The new bad guy with the blue hair is interesting. I can't wait to see the brothers finally fight, just the flashback alone was really cool! This episode was a build up one but not dull at all! Now here's how to do an episode right! 

Kemono Friends:

This was cute as always! We were introduced to two new animals and I loved them both. A new desert cat with the most adorable voice ever and a cryptid whom I also loved very much. If they make figures I would buy one for each character easily. They really have charmed me so much! After this little adventure, we are close to the library! I can't wait to see what animal Bag is! I wonder what Racoon and the other girl are doing as well but we'll probably see that soon as well! Good episode for sure! 

February 1st, Wednesday:

Akiba's Trip The Animation:

This episode focused on Street Fighter! Seriously not even kidding! Actual footage from street fighter is shown in this! That was kind of cool! I like the girl he was fighting this whole time. She would have been a kind of interesting addition to the group had they kept her! This episode was pretty fun for sure I enjoyed it well enough! Still, this show has a kind of dull character cast which I don't really enjoy...

Piace: Watashi no Italian:

This episode was good! Everyone freaking out over that one customer reminds me of a video game for the Wii so I got a chuckle out of that! Turns out the new girl goes to the same elementary school as the main boy and hates Italian cuisine. What I guess will happen is our main girl with her loving and warm heart will make her open up and love Italian food like the rest of the cast! We shall see for sure next time as well! 

One Room:

Jesus the suspense for this test thing lasted a long time! She passed thanks to us and a charm we gave her that morning...so...yay! I guess! I take it her arc just ended this episode because she confessed her love kind of and we said yes! Next week will probably be a new girl but this arc was a pretty cute and enjoyable watch! 

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon:

This episode featured out littlest dragon going to school! It was so adorable! I don't understand how you could make fun of this show it is so adorable and relatable! I think my favorite part was the shopping at the beginning and the dodgeball at the end, definitely! It was so funny and cute this one is my favorite episode thus far, for sure! 

ChäoS; Child:

Ladies and gentleman, my nightmares! 

Folks this isn't even a pure horror anime and it scared the shit out of me. The scene where they were hiding in those things when they were in the hallway trying not to scream! Those were what the fuck and piss your pants worthy at the same time! Well done but Jesus christ Japanese horror does not play! The scene where she strangled that girl to make her leave the hospital just upset me, though. Was the brutal force on an innocent tiny high schooler who never did anything wrong in her life really necessary teach? Either way, this was a good episode, and I liked it! I hope we get to learn more about the new girl next episode! 

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2:

This was pretty fun! Seeing Darkness in those royal clothes was er...interesting. Her breasts throughout this episode were incredibly distracting, though. Not the most distracting thing but...pretty damn up there I must say. Of course, Darkness got out of the whole arranged marriage thing and will be back with the group. The fake pregnancy announcement was funny and actually pretty cute! Mostly because they took it well and were all happy about it! I look forward to seeing the group together again! 

February 2nd, Thursday

Masamune-Kun No Revenge:

The new girl is adorable! I think her and Masamune could work hypothetically! She was an adorable character even with her not wearing underwear for some reason. She's another type of anime girl I like the naive but good-hearted and sweet rich girl. Aki was jealous though and them bonding over cleaning the pool was kind of nice...too bad I hate them as a couple still. Also, Aki's friend in the little military hat was cute I enjoyed that a lot to it was really funny. 

Marginal#4: Kiss kara Tsukuru Big Bang:

This episode was cute! I love school festival episodes! They're one of my favorite anime tropes. The older idols in this anime are honestly more attractive and well designed to me compared to the main characters. I think their songs are even better compared to the main group. I hope we see them again but the school festival was really cute! Especially the maid outfit thing. 

Super Lovers 2:

So that new guy is related kind of to our main characters. It is really awkward to see the younger main guy be treated like an adult then grounded like a child. Honestly, these small details just make this show even more creepy. I didn't like this episode either especially when he got grounded. I wonder a bit about the new guy but that's all I really give a single solitary ounce of positive attention too. The mystery of who he is and the tension he may cause is the only interesting thing happening right now. 

All Out!!:

Coach is back to be kind of stern. I'm OK with it though now that we know he isn't just an asshole. The other team is an interesting bunch.  I don't like them very much but I don't feel like I'm supposed to. One of them has weird ass bumblebee hair. Literally black and yellow! It's weird the other team complimented the captain's hair. They have a weird hair person right on their team. Look forward to seeing them fight more, though! 

Kuzu no Honkai:

Shit got real and shit got fucked up this episode! The teacher just likes having sex with any boy that'll give her the slightest attention. The main girl seemed to judge her but then kind of did the same thing with the lesbian girl! It was really screwed up this time around! Since this is a psychological show I'm happy with that since that's why I watch these shows but wow...really screwed up stuff this time around. I look forward to seeing what goes down next! Maybe one of them will be outed for the screwed up stuff they did?

February 3rd, Friday

Serien:

This episode was cool! Turns out we restarted and we put our main boy with a different girl. I liked the other one well enough but this other girl? She's way better! In this one she's like one of the boys, she hangs out with him and his friends and they have similar interests! More relationships in anime need that nice mutual respect and similar interest thing! 

Too often on TV shows are two people together when they have nothing in common. People, in general, should just search for a higher quality significant other! I like this new girl a lot and this feels like a lot realistic and enjoyable to me! This episode was awesome and I hope we continue this trend of writing such good relationships! 

Urara Meirochou:

This episode was mostly one big segment! It focused on some festival where the girls dress up like brides to be chosen. It's a kind of creepy origin story for a festival but then again, look at some of our holidays and where they come from. Obviously, the main white haired girl is special but we aren't exactly sure how yet. She also got sick and that was the second part. We also got to know another character in the group better. I hope she becomes successful in what she wants to do she has motives I can get behind! I look forward to more! 

Youjo Senki:

We got to see our main girl train a bunch of new soldiers/whatever we call them in this anime. It was cool to see her lead the pack, that's what she's really good at it! It's impressive to see her bring this whole thing together. I think that stern looking guy with the blue hair will wind up being the villain for some reason. I'm not sure why. I think some CGI was used for the flight scene at the end when they blew that area up but I'm not 100% sure! Either way, I enjoyed this episode! 

Fuuka:

This episode was mostly a flashback of that idol girl the main boy was friends with in his childhood! I enjoyed seeing her past and how things went down. I still don't really like her as much and she encountered Fuuka. They seem more chummy now which is nice I guess. I still want Fuuka to be the main guy but I guess we'll see how that goes! I liked this though it was fun to watch! 

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu:

This was very meh as it usually is. Turns out the club still isn't official yet...because...reasons of course! They decided they're going to bike racing and all chose the perfect bikes and such so...that's about it. There is literally nothing to say just another average episode of this little show. Can they just form the club already this creating false suspense routine is getting annoying now, seriously? 

Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel:

This episode was sort of plain. It involved the main team we've been focusing on trying to get better in team battles. We got to see other teams at work which was nice! That little challenge thing with the blonde and the redhead didn't last very long, though. It'll probably come back, I'd like to see more of that! This was fine enough! 

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen:

This was pretty cool. I think this is the second time Rin has been in prison. His brother was a dick as always but what else is new. God forbid he acts like a person for once. Even though that one girl stole the eye I like her. She doesn't strike me as being completely evil they should forgive her if he catches her. I'm also interested in seeing this side of Rin's Dad back when he was alive. This episode was cool even though it wasn't as drama heavy. I know shit's about to get bad for Rin though since someone called someone up about him...yikes. 

February 4th, Saturday:

ClassicaLoid:

This episode was weird but amusing regardless. The curse from the fruit was funny and Chopin was really good this episode! I like it when he gets serious! They looked so weird when the curse fully took hold we should have known something was up with that creepy bird! Despite some of the creepy oddity in this episode, I liked it a lot especially Chopin! I look forward to seeing more! 

Time Bokan 24:

This episode was pretty plain as well. Choking up something to just one person working on these pictures in the sand seems silly to me. How would they even do it accurately? I've tried doing big pictures on the floor before without an overhead view! It's really hard! It was a typical episode other than that and I didn't really like it all that much. I found it kind of boring. This show isn't really super good, to be honest. 

Idol Memories:

I was wondering when I'd see the rest of this! This episode was good but the higher ups are trying to purposely cause strife between everyone. I don't like that at all and I don't understand why these bastards are so determined to keep these girls from succeeding! I can't wait to see them rise above this and become famous idols! I really am rooting for them all! I hope I don't have to wait as long as I did for the last episode. 

BanG dream:

This episode was cute! The shyer girl is officially part of the group and I like how she's with them now! The other bands were so nice stalling so that they would have more time to get everything together! I'm glad she got the self-confidence to perform on stage. I can't wait to see the stuff they do together. This show is cliche but it is really sweet and I do like it well enough, it's cute! 

Spiritpact:

The spiritual ritual in this one was really pretty to watch. Even though watching this is kind of iffy for me the universe itself is kind of cool. The show thus far has been kind of bland but this episode was actually pretty cool. One thing that surprised me was that the shorter one is the more dominant one. Normally that doesn't happen in yaoi. The day to day activities was nice to watch as well. I am a bit intrigued to see where this show goes. 

Rewrite: Moon and Terra:

This episode was odd...it seemed like we were saying the main boy meet the other female characters when they were younger. I'm not sure if he's the same age or what but it was intriguing to see. I like the more serious tone that this season is taking and I look forward to seeing where this plot goes. It was super intense this time around! 

3-gatsu no Lion:

We still haven't seen the really intense stuff happened between our main character and the abusive husband. We did seem to get one shogi match closer to it. This was fun to watch but not a lot of notable stuff happened other than more opening up from our main character opening up more to the idea of family and such. I enjoyed this a lot! 

Demi-chan wa Kataritai:

This episode featured the Yuki Onna! We learned a lot more about her before we got to see the cute demi-human bonding thing. It was sad she was so worried about hurting someone! I'm happy they were able to prove it was unlikely that she would hurt someone unless she released her powers under stress. I look forward to seeing more and this episode was cute and as awesome as always! 

Sengoku Choujuu Giga:

This episode featured Takeda trying to find a body double so he wouldn't die. His brother is the best for it obviously but they seem hesitant to chose him. I'm not sure why per say but it was pretty funny seeing them all mimic him! A pretty funny episode! 

RWBY:

Sadly this week was the finale. It's going to be tough waiting on the next volume but this was awesome. The fight scene with that grimm and Nora and Ren this episode were the highlight to me! Surprisingly enough no one died! Everybody made it out alive THANK THE GODS. Ruby and the group made it to their destination and we are seeing the other characters get their stuff together.

Yang is headed towards Ruby like I thought she would be. Blake is reforming the white fang and I love its new flag! Weiss escaped her Dad and I think in general everyone is headed to the same place. Oscar also met up with Qrow which is good and it seems like he's going to be the new Ozpin...which is confusing...I hope they explain that. I started yelling at the Lionheart bit. I am very worried about that but we don't know what's going on there so we can't say very much yet. 

This episode and season were good! I give this season of RWBY a 9 out of 10! I wanted to give it full points but all the bouncing around and shorter episodes left less room for the story to move forward which I didn't like about this season. Other than that I loved this and can't wait to see more RWBY asap! It's sad it ended for now but it's always worth the wait! Well done as always to Roosterteeth! Thank you for all your hard work as always! 

Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari:

This was pretty cool! This whole episode had the party in a snowier climate. It focused more on the two main male characters and they bonded a bit. My favorite part was honestly the first part of the episode. The whole fight was really awesome and I love watching the animation and characters in this show it's really amazing! The character design blows me away whenever I watch it! I look forward to seeing what they do next! 

February 5th, Sunday:

Long Riders!:

Oh yay, I was wondering about this show as well! Glad to see we're seeing the last two episodes and it didn't get canceled or anything! These last two episodes were really awesome, they went biking at night to train for a longer bike ride. This is why nighttime is the best time it's awesome! It looks much prettier outside even in fiction and animated.

The last episode was another cycling thing. All of them are basically friends forever now and vowed to be friends forever and cycle forever since they all love it so much. A friend of the main girl joined the group as well which was great! The ending is all of them together and happy and that was satisfying and good!

Overall I give this show a 7/10. It was somewhat plain at moments and a very slice of life in the tone which made it drag a bit. The characters are plain but charming, the animation, music and everything else was nice as well. Despite its faults, I enjoyed it and found it very charming! If you are into cute girls doing cute things anime's I'd recommend this to you! 

Tales of Zestiria the X (2017):

Rose didn't get to kill that guy and Sorey actually took care of it because he was one of those bad creature things. Obviously Rose is realizing thanks to flashback and Sorey giving his speech on everyone having darkness and him being the flawless chosen one, typical fantasy stuff. 

I don't really enjoy this, to be honest. I feel like it takes away from Rose's character a bit. She's supposed to be the chaotic good badass...does killing bad people in stories make you a chaotic good alignment? I'm not sure. Either way that's how it feels for me. The episode was kind of cool but eh. It could have been better, they should have taken it in a different direction. 

Idol Jihen:

This episode featured Natsuki as chief of police for a day. Natsuki help's with a preschool being shut down by some sexist guy who wants to shut it down so people will make more money with a business thing and...women can stay home and...take care of the kids? 

I'm not even kidding that was exactly what happened. Of course, the idols and preschool kids rescued it with Natsuki's help and the bad guy learned to respect women. Her partner is also refusing to be with Natsuki as a partner. Her father wants her to be the air to the family and that was cliche but..interesting I guess. That was...interesting. Not the best but oh well. 

Nyanko Days:

This was cute! Our two new friends were in a restaurant together and they bond. They didn't discuss cats yet but it was cute how polite she was and how the other girls family owned the restaurant. Those pancakes looked really delicious! This was cute as always and I look forward to seeing more! 

ēlDLIVE:

At first, I thought my theory was right about the childhood friend! Turns out he was just faking being the bad guy because he had a recording device on him...but he still wants to play the bad guy...for some reason. It would be easier apparently. Good guys one and the female character was accused of murder by the space police. That was pretty intense for sure. Kind of disorganized but I liked it anyway it was cool! 

Little Witch Academia:

This episode was pretty sweet! It seems these characters are always getting grounded. Both the main group and the group introduced in the parade short. Dragons stole the source of power for the school and the dragons in this universe were really cool. I'm surprised by him doing regular human stuff and committing fraud basically. I don't really think they should be grounded but this school is full of a bunch of strict people so it's to be expected. Diana stole the show this time around instead of Akko and everyone else rescuing everyone. I liked it a lot even though I feel bad for the characters getting grounded! I look forward to more! 

February 6th, Sunday:

Gabriel DropOut:

This episode was funny! We were introduced to a new angel, it was funny when she first arrived and was all naive and paranoid. They spent the whole episode tricking the poor girl, I feel a little bad but it was still pretty funny. I think she might be part of the main group after this! I wouldn't mind that she would be a cute addition. My favorite part in this episode would have to be the new angel going into the main character's apartment for the first time. Poor girl...but oh so funny. 

Chiruran: Nibun no Ichi:

This episode was funny. It focused more on horror stuff and the things the characters are afraid of. That was definitely funny. The end part was probably the funniest. There isn't a lot to say on this episode since it didn't feature all the characters this time around so there wasn't as much to discuss. Still funny as hell, though and I still really love the opening for this show it's really epic! 

Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori:

Shit went down again but it still was somehow boring and uninteresting. The detective club disbanded and the white haired guy may be dying because..he can apparently control whether he dies or not by wanting to or not wanting to. It was all angsty and melodramatic basically and the last scene was just gross, same caliber as the second episode when they show what happens to him when he doesn't eat. One would think I wouldn't mind so much since I enjoyed Elfen Lied and Umineko but...ew. Obviously everything will be good again after a bit more melodrama but I honestly don't even care what happens to these characters at this point. This show is average, it'll be lucky if I give it a 6 when it's done. 

Overall:

This was a pretty good week! Lots of meh stuff, though I hate to admit that. My favorites this week were RWBY, Chaos Child and Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon. My least favorites were Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori and Super Lovers 2. 

That's it for this week! I hope you enjoyed this, feel free to tell me what you thought of this week's anime as well, I'd love to hear it! I bid you all adieu until my next post! I have a few things planned for this week actually that you all may enjoy! Be sure to check my personal blog for details on that, however! Let's just say I have some story stuff planned!  

No comments:

Post a Comment