Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Bravo's Weekly Anime Lineup #20


This week's anime screenshot is Masamune-Kun No Revenge!

Wow, 20 of these already! That and a lot of these anime's are getting to halfway point! I'm surprised by how fast everything is going. Hopefully, this week will be better than the last one, so as always check to make sure you're caught up so you don't get spoiled! Then let's jump right into it!



February 7th, Tuesday:

Nobunaga No Shinobi:

This episode was so funny! I laughed at it a few times, it's just the delivery of some of these jokes. Hideyoshi completely missing chances, Chidori saying she's glad he hasn't changed much when he says he's still coughing up blood. The last joke was funny as well! Guess you can catch being a ditz in this world! 

ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka:

How the heck can a show be so freaking boring!? It's not going to get better there's no way at this point. This episode took place in a snowy area. There is suspicion around the higher up chief guy that was mentioned last time. Jean is the main character but he doesn't so much, he's a boring character and the other ones featured here were either annoying boring. I'm not sure what's going to happen next. Hey, maybe some actual action this time instead of things that almost make me fall asleep! 

Onihei:

This episode was actually somewhat cute. It focused a kinder gentler protagonist. I think he was in love with the girl at the brothel. I'm not entirely sure but he was a good character. He was well written and I grew pretty attached to him and wanted to see him happy! The ending made me disappointed, though. Why they gotta do that to this character? He didn't deserve that at all come on writers! Still pretty enjoyable compared to the other episodes, though. The last one was a bit more fun for me, the action and all. 

Kemono Friends:

This episode featured the characters in a more woodland place. We saw the anime girl version of a beaver and a prairie dog! I loved them so much they were adorable! The new animal that showed up at the end...I'm not sure what she is exactly but she looked good as well! I'm also wondering what those characters following them want, hope we'll find out soon! Either way, it was a cute good episode like always! 

Hand Shakers:

The friend characters breasts...now those were distracting. Almost as distracting as the breasts in the first Hyperdimension Neptunia game. In that game, if you move the photos you get around the breasts bounce! This was exactly like that! I was surprised to see the sister separate for so long. This next fight is going to be interesting especially since they struck up such a strong friendship! It's bound to give us a lot of drama to watch! This episode was good despite the distracting breasts and I look forward to more! 

Nanbaka:

This episode was a tad slower and funnier this time around. Still enjoyed it, though! We got some character development and funny bits for the characters we don't really focus on! Those zombie-like guards are so creepy but it was fun to see everyone fight them! I'm surprised by the new characters especially the one in the pigs mask. Normally the character design is a little better but to be fair, I could see how they would have run out of ideas. Either way, I definitely enjoyed this it was fun to watch! I look forward to seeing how this story arc unravels! 

February 8th, Wednesday:

Akiba's Trip The Animation:

This episode was a computer AI-centered one. The main character gets an AI thing installed on his homemade computer by the scientist girl named Pyuko. Think that one episode of Classicaloid a bit ago, except the AI, doesn't go evil this time and sacrifices herself to save everybody from the bad guy. The bad guy has a good design by the way! This episode was kind of funny! It got me a laugh or two out of me! I wish Pyuko stuck around, though she was a cute and fun character while she lasted. 

Piace: Watashi no Italian:

This episode had a bit less going on than the others did. Sara and her father were distracted by the staff and such. Morina stood up to her and gave a speech about how much effort they put into Italian cuisine. Sara gets embarrassed and almost cries. Morina apologized and such but she left embarrassed and she has new respect from the co-workers. I liked this episode. Sara is like a more adorable version of Erina. I hope maybe she comes back and works with them and this episode was cute and fun, I liked it! 

One Room:

Character switch! Turns out not all the girls are sisters since in this episode the new girl is your younger sister! She's a cute character but I gotta say did anyone else notice that all little sister types always act way more adult than they should? 

Or am I the only one that noticed since I watch too much anime? I mean think about it almost all the little sister characters in anime act like a big sister, they do the cooking, clean the house and scold the older brother for not taking care of himself properly!

She was a tsundere but I enjoyed the character, it was cute how much she cared. Honestly, it kind of reminds me of my sister and I know she probably would get all bossy and want to help me out if I moved to a place on my own. It's going to be weird if they go a romantic way with this...please don't...ew. 

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon:

Lots of different antics happened this time around! Tooru and Kaana trying stuff they see on TV. Tooru and Fafnir going on a little adventure of their own and Tooru watching Kobayashi at work and defending her against her mean boss. There was also Kanna making friends with the girl in her class and the reaction was priceless I laughed so hard. I also liked Fafnir living with Makoto and Tooru and Kaana training to be physics. This episode was so cute and awesome in general I loved it! 

ChäoS; Child:

This episode was cool! It seems like Takeru and all his friends each have a psychic power. At least I think they might since him and Hinae do! I'm excited to see if the others do. Uki is still very distressed and thinks she was kidnapped...which she technically was. She wants to go back to the hospital to care for her patients which is pretty sad. I wonder what she'll do now that she's out now? Will she resent the others in the group? The pyrotechnic character is so creepy looking but so well designed! I love where everything is going with this it's keeping me so absorbed! There was also the twist with Nono knowing stuff about the hospital! I'm so excited to see where this all goes and I can't wait for next time! 

Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2:

In this episode, we deal with another servant of the demon king. He has a cool mask and cool powers and his backstory was pretty amusing. I liked when he possessed darkness it was funny but for a second I thought they might not get her back! Thank god for explosion magic! Of course, in the end, they were all rewarded for stopping the monsters and got their dept fully paid! I was scared that something bad would happen right after since they were finally happy but nope! Not this time! I liked this episode it was fun to watch! 

February 9th, Thursday:

Masamune-Kun No Revenge:

This episode didn't have as much Aki. It was Yoshino, Neko and the Hayase sisters! I think it was a good call to focus on some other characters. It was nice seeing them all do more mundane stuff and all of them in cute little kimono's and the fireworks and such. Neko is being suspicious at the end with the pictures I wonder what she's up to. I enjoyed seeing Yoshino's past, the one from the screenshot of the week. It was funny I honestly like her more then I probably should. Can't wait to see what's next! 

Marginal#4: Kiss kara Tsukuru Big Bang:

Aw, not as much of a fun one to be honest. It was slower but it was cute to see their lives more up close and personal...well one of their lives anyway. The outfits they wore as a disguise were really cute! The colors and animation caught my attention more this time around, probably because the plot wasn't holding my attention. It was an OK episode but not as interesting for me on a personal level. 

Super Lovers 2: 

God I want this show to end. It's so gross and weird to me I don't like these two together! Not even a little bit! The other plot with the new guy is unraveling more since he interacted with the older guy for the first time. I'm starting to wonder if he's related to Ren because now that I look better they have the same color and the same wild child attitude. Then again maybe they already said what he does and I missed it. Oh well who cares I don't like this show. 

All Out!!:

This episode was cool! It was the rugby team we like vs the ones we're supposed to hate! The animation and such was better this time! I think they're using that to reflect how the characters have gotten better with practice over the last few episodes. They won and it was thrilling to watch so message received for sure! This was a good episode I liked it! 

Kuzu No Honkai:

This one ran a bit slow. Still it was pretty interesting. I had a little heart attack when the main girl woke up and it looked like the teacher for a second. All the more sexual scenes were actually very important this episode. They showed how the character's attitudes have changed since the beginning and things like that. The last scene was really intense, I can only imagine what'll go down next there's a huge buildup of pressure going on! I look forward to what happens next for sure. 

February 10th, Friday:

Seiren:

This episode was good! I think my favorite part would have to be all the video game stuff. I like to see them gradually bond over it. They are starting to realizing their feelings for each other and work together more. They're still friends at the moment, though. My other favorite part of this episode would have to be the girl we were dating last time showing up. I like her edgier badass look in this arc! It was fun to see how the relationship could have been different I enjoyed that a lot! I look forward to seeing how the current couple get when they get more romantic! 

Urara Meirochou:

This episode was absolutely adorable! It focused on the group trying to find one of the characters a soulmate as repayment for all she did for them. The little anime avatar that appeared to represent the pendulum was so adorable and I love that the soulmate is that guard girl. I love that character and they would make such a cute couple! The scene after where they summon the fox demon thing was cool as well! They honestly look kind of cool when they're possessed. I hope the fox demon girl sticks around. She's cool I like her! 

Fuuka:

This episode was great! I honestly do not like the idol girl at all. I realize that she regretted the stupid decision she made but sorry doesn't negate what this poor guy has to deal with now. I'm glad the team is sticking by him and being emotionally supportive. Social media really bit the poor guy in the ass this time! I'm happy they'll be performing anyway and how close they've becoming as a group! I can't wait to see what happens next! 

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu:

...Is it just me or was the first part of this episode and the whole bike shopping thing super similar to the last one. The only difference is they officially have their bikes, outfit and helmets now. They did their first race as well. It's not a huge deal. They did pretty good but eh I don't really feel emotionally invested in this show. There isn't necessarily anything wrong with it persay it's just...so..incredibly bland. I have nothing to really say other then that. It was typical...this show. 

Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel:

In this one they finally deal with official important business...kind of. They really honestly traveled around the woods looking for the enemy...and also swimsuits...because swimsuits. I don't know why they did that it was kind of random. The other team was there as well...also with swimsuits. It was kind of uneventful truth be told. I didn't like it as much as the other ones. It was OK but..eh. Pretty plain and random. I hope next time is better! 

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen:

This episode was mostly flashback with Rin's Dad and how he met Tatsumo and changed as a person for that. It was really cool seeing how Rin's dad was back in his wilder days! The things with Mamushi were really sweet. She did bad stuff but she was had good intentions with everything! I hope they forgive her...but I'm going to miss Tatsumo. He was a good character...the reactions to his death are going to be really bad. I look forward to seeing what will go down next anyway, though! Awesome episode! 

February 11th, Saturday:

Youjo Senki:

This episode was pretty cool! The action parts are still really good and fun. The demon thing seems to be throwing everything he can at our main girl just for the fun of it. I totally think this guy is Satan pretty much. I don't know if they'll actually reveal that but he's awful. If they did I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. I'm waiting on a betrayal within ranks to happen truth be told. I have a feeling it's just around the corner. This was pretty good, though I liked it! 

ClassicaLoid:

This episode was more interesting and a bit confusing then funny! I'm OK with interesting and this definitely was. I want to see more of how the Classicaloids were treated in the lab. I wonder why Bach helped. I was more under the impression he was kind of the antagonist of the show. It was cool seeing them use Classicaloid against the robot Sousuke. I also wonder if Kanae will ever have her Dad in her life again. He seems very distant still. I look forward to seeing where the more important plot points will go. 

Time Bokan 24:

This episode was pretty typical. Japanese women from older times were actually a club of purple robe wearing people girls. Watching cute boys from older times as well. The twists don't really surprise me anymore they are mostly on the same note but none of the twists are particularly funny at all. Stuff about Calen's boyfriend was also brought up. We may be getting glimpses of what he likes and he seems cool. That was the episode highlight. This episode was also Valentines Day themed but...honestly didn't notice much until the end. A typical episode from this if you like this show, you'll like it. If you haven't really warmed up to it, it's OK or eh status. 

BanG Dream!:

This episode was interesting. It had bonding between character's and I enjoyed seeing that. The main character learning more about chords and playing her instrument from another person in their group. That was sweet but the thing I find interesting is actually the main girls personality. Normally the cheerful main girl doesn't have any issues or insecurities, this time in this show she had more depth! I like that and look forward to seeing what they do next! 

Spiritpact:

This was interesting this time around. Again it's more the universe and story not the couple itself. That shows here when we find out about the sword and the reincarnation plot. At least I think it kind of is a reincarnation plot even though he's just a descendant apparently. The main character and the people he knew dealing with character death was also interesting. I look forward to seeing where that unravels more so then all the other stuff actually going on. This was pretty good this time I liked it! 

Rewrite: Moon And Terra:

This was really cool! We got to see how the main character became a fighter in this universe. The female's he's friends with aren't really a big role this time around. It's mostly him and the new characters that fight the new characters in this group. I like them as well the group he fights in is cool but people are suspicious of the main character and I wonder where that's going to go! This show is really cool and I'm enjoying it as much as the first season! 

3-gatsu No Lion:

This was interesting. Lots of crap went down this episode. Family issues, some shogi training. It was cool to see all this it was a more character building episode. His older sister seems to be...becoming softer maybe? I'm not sure. The white haired guy is pretty cool I think that'll wind up being the final shogi match of the show. Rei's family is giving him space to solve stuff on his own which is a good choice in my opinion. I look forward to what happens next I think it's going to get intense! 

Demi-chan wa Kataritai:

This episode was adorable! It always is to be honest but seeing family of our demi vampire character is the icing on the beautiful cake. They handle a vampire daughter very well. they are a very sweet well adjusted family. Her sister is really nice as well and I loved her a lot despite her more cold nature. She's very sweet in her own way and I hope we get to see more family of the other demi's. That would be really sweet and fun to see. I look forward to the next episode. 

Sengoku Choujuu Giga:

This was super funny! It honestly featured the characters in it yelling at each other. That was the more amusing part of it at least to me. It was banter heavy but also very funny at the same time. I still find the art style very charming even though most people don't! I hope the next one is funny like this as well! 

Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari:

One problem with this show as cool as it is. It's hard to follow and remember everything that's happening. There are a lot of character's introduced in a short span of time. It's hard to follow all the different arcs sometimes. Still this episode was pretty interesting! I liked it a lot! The duality inside the main character was cool and the new characters with the horns are awesome!...That and attractive not gonna lie to you. This was a cool episode I think you'll all enjoy it, it's getting more and more intense and it's awesome! 

February 12th, Sunday:

Tales of Zestiria the X (2017):

Rose basically made a pact with Sorey to be able to see malevolence. The princess did as well turns out so I guess...Sorey has a harem  of human girls voluntarily fighting for him? I hate that, though. When a protagonist male or female is blindly worshiped and entire personalities change just to fit this. It takes away character's independence! It can work if it's written well but I don't think it was in this case. Rose is more....boring now! She was a more edgy person with a chaotic good alignment. Now it's just everyone having boring lawful good alignment. That sucks! Them fighting together wasn't even that cool either! I didn't like this very much honestly. I hope next time is better...

Idol Jihen:

This was good! The new girls in this episode were so adorable! The one that liked stars and space, her friend and the other group that came to hunt ghosts! All of them were adorable! The star girl talking to the figures she admired was odd, but I think it was very sweet and cute anyway! I look forward to seeing the other characters we get introduced to. The plot with Natsuki's partner is unraveling a bit more as well. She's probably going to get banned from doing idol stuff by her father and Natsuki will come to the rescue. Back to the point though, this was a good episode! 

ēlDLIVE:

This episode was pretty intense. Sonokata has a sad past I feel bad for her. I'm glad they're going to try and rescue her! The new girls that are in the space police with him! They are both really adorable. I feel bad for saying but the new bad guys are pretty attractive as well. They are pretty cute! To be honest this episode was like an introduction to all the interesting stuff! I look forward to the fight scene coming up! I know it will be and it'll be awesome! 

Nyanko Days:

We finally got introduced to the new cat! She is a tsundere and honestly our main characters new friend is so adorable. She has weird reasons for being friends with her. Honestly I didn't notice she had cat hair-clips until it was mentioned. This was really cute I liked it a lot. I can't wait to see the cats interact with each other! 

February 13th, Monday:

Little Witch Academia:

Oh wow this was really good! It's so sad to me seeing Akko feel so small. You would think the staff would try and work with her and help her improve. Still the teachers here are honestly cruel. The only one who isn't is Shiny Chariot and seeing a glimpse of how she was back then was sweet. The boys they were all with were also cute. Akko showed him! This was awesome and really cute I enjoyed it a lot! I look forward to next week for sure! 

Gabriel DropOut:

This episode mostly featured Satanichia trying to defeat Gabriel in "battle". Really she just tricks her or tries to most of the episode. Those shoes she made her wear actually looked comfortable to me to be honest. They look like massage shoes to me! The jokes are getting a tad repetitive though. I hope they add a bit more variety. Other then that I'm still really enjoying this! 

Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori:

God I hate this show. We saw another episode from the past of the leader of the detective club. The last one was way more interesting. I didn't like this very much compared to the last one. I'm honestly way more interested in the villain then I am the supposed hero's of the show. Maybe we'll get more about him? I wouldn't mind that. Either way this sucked. I really want this show to either change or end as soon as possible. 

Chiruran: Nibun no Ichi:

This was pretty funny this one focused on the character's favorite items. It wasn't really as funny as the other ones we've had so far. I liked it well enough but still it could have been better. It wasn't one of the stronger episodes but it was interesting learning more about them I enjoyed it well enough. 

Overall:

This week was a bit better then last week! There was still a fair share of duds in there but I'm content since it was better then last week! My favorites this week would have to be Little Witch Academia, Demi-chan wa Katarita and Fuuka! My least favorite is Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori. I hope you enjoyed this week's article! Let me know what you think in the comments below! 

For my Frontline exclusive readers I actually uploaded a batch of Youtube videos! If you guys are interested you can see them on my personal blogger account right here!  If you look and share it that would be awesome! 

I bid you adieu until my next post! 

No comments:

Post a Comment