Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Bravo's Weekly Anime Lineup #26

This week's anime screenshot is from Kuzu No Honkai!

Lots of anime will be ending this week! It'll be sad to say goodbye to a lot of them! Still I think we'll enjoy plenty of these finale's! As always, make sure your caught up! then we'll get right into it! 


March 21st, Tuesday:

Nobunaga No Shinobi:

This episode was surprisingly quick and simple. They easily defeated who they wanted to. It was pretty funny. I think my favorite joke is the Hanbei getting wounded so easily thing. I laughed way harder then I should have at it. I can't wait for the next one! 

ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka:

There was one somewhat exciting part in the episode. Other then that I was kind of bored. The main guys friend got shot though. Everything is still just high tension. The show is good at tension, I guess. I'm still bored and can't wait for it to end. 

Hand Shakers:

The backstory was revealed. It explains a lot and makes sense. Still it doesn't explain how Koyori isn't exactly his sister. She was wasn't she? That's definitely a problem, though. If you overlook it this was pretty cool! I do look forward to the next fight. It's going to be pretty epic I can tell! I look forward to the next and final episode! 

Kemono Friends:

This episode was interesting! The animals trying to catch up with the main ones did. It was resolved quickly which felt kind of anti climatic. I didn't like that bit but Bag is braver now! I'm scared she may sacrifice herself in the last episode. I hope not this should have a happy end! This was a good episode. I loved the new animals as always to, of course! 

Nanbaka (2017):

This episode was the finale! Unfortunately this episode ended in an open way. Why is this bad you may ask? If it never gets renewed, we'll be stuck in cliffhanger limbo forever. On the other hand, we may get more so that's nice! The two fashionista's forgave each other. Hajime escaped thanks to Jyugo! It didn't end with them winning, though! That sucks! I hope they do more!

Overall I give this show an 8/10. It's animation is really awesome. The characters and character design is the shows biggest strength. The art is pretty  up there as well. The only thing bad thing is that the tone changes tone a lot, which can be slightly nerve wracking. Other then that the show was unique and funny! I liked it a lot and even in it's more serious moments, it's great! I definitely recommend it! 

March 22nd, Wednesday:

Akiba's Trip The Animation:

This episode was pretty cool! Turns out there will be one more episode after this. To be honest, his episode was very quick paced and sudden. It introduced new issues and plot points, then threw them out a bit later. The biggest huge sudden thing was probably the twin sister, you betrayed grandma plot that came out of nowhere. I know it'll end in a very particular way. 

Piace: Watashi No Italian:

This episode was a little vacation one. It was cute but there isn't much to say. It was everyone doing beach thing at the beach. They also cooked meat. Just a cute laid back episode I guess. Every character was in it, which was nice for me! A good one, but plain regardless. 

One Room:

As I predicted she quit at the end. You are having more success then she is in the whole dream thing. Her songs are pretty. I don't see why more people don't listen. I predict in the next episode we either set something up for her, or stop her in a dramatic way at the airport or something. A pretty OK one! 

Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon:

This episode was so fun and cute! The dream thing was unnecessary but the rest of it was good! I love the festival and the yukata's they all wore! They were so cute and adorable in them! I love the part with the days after. Poor baby dragon just wanted to watch anime. I loved this it was great! I can't wait for next time! 

ChäoS;Child:

A confusing little episode. This show has been a huge mind fuck since the beginning. One would think I was used to it, but this episode was really a mess! I want to know what happens but I barely understand what's going on! It sucks I really hoped for better things out of this show! It's good but..I'm so confused. So very confused...

March 23rd, Thursday:

Masamune-kun no Revenge:

Last episode! This was...incredibly dissatisfying to be honest. Maybe they're planning a another season or something. Either way a lot is left in the open. Masamune and Aki kiss, but the other guy is still around. We have no idea who it is, or if they ever will actually get together. Development for the other characters is also kind of thrown aside. To be honest Masamune should have gotten with Neko. She is such a sweet amazing girl! She liked him and he rejected her like an idiot! It was a good season finale I guess but so unsatisfying as a COMPLETE end. It's one of those, "BUY THE BOOK IF YOU WANNA KNOW MORE LOLOLOL" endings. 

Overall I give this show a 7/10. It was good most of the time! I wanted to give it higher points but there are a few issues. The characters can be very annoying and stupid at times. You'll want to yell at them while your watching. The story, most notably the ending leaves a lot to be desired. The art and character design is pretty nice. The animation and music is pretty average though. If you like romance/harem like anime's, you might like this! It's worth giving it a look, it does have a more unique premise which a strength of the show! 

Marginal#4: Kiss kara Tsukuru Big Bang:

This episode had a lot of tension building up to a sweet thing at the end. They all thought Atom would quit to pursue a Hollywood career based on a rumor. In the end it wasn't sure but in resulted in some funny stuff. My favorite bit was them speaking English! They do it pretty well I'm impressed! It was sweet how he stayed with them! I loved it a lot and this episode was good! 

All Out!!:

This episode featured yet another dangling subplot. I'd be OK with focusing on side characters normally. The thing is, they don't focus on the main characters much at all because of this. A lot of the subplots introduced don't even have much to do with the main characters. The way All Out does it CAN work. The only problem is that it should be used in a longer anime. Like a 50 ep one! It was still pretty good an added some tension for the battle to come. I liked it enough I guess! 

Kuzu No Honkai:

This episode threw me for a loop. The main teacher changed a bit and actually got some more depth to her character. They made her even more...dare I say it, likable! Them getting together was so romantic and random. I liked that. Though I have no idea how he couldn't mind her cheating. The ending where he was crying was sad. I think that the main girl and guy will wind up together in the end. I'm excited to see how this ends. 

March 24th, Friday:

Urara Meirochou:

The last episode! Sadly, it was yet another open ended ending. Thankfully, it seems like it may get another season. On the other hand, if it doesn't it'll leave a lot to be desired. We still don't know about the missing mother, or the mysterious new powers. It was honestly mostly a dress up episode. I loved seeing it, these characters are cute! It was a good thing for a slice of like sort of show.

Overall I give this show a 7/10! It was a cute series, with nice characters, pretty art and animation and the music was pretty nice as well. Everything about it was good! Not spectacular or legendary, but good! I did enjoy it, it was very cute! The world they live in is pretty interesting as well. I recommend at least giving it a look! 

Fuuka:

The last episode! Fuuka has a cute mother. I'm surprised they didn't show her sooner! In the end Fuuka rejoins and the main boy finally gets with her! I'm so happy they're a couple now, they are adorable together! I do have complaints but I'll get to that later. The last song they performed was really great! I loved this last episode, it was satisfying! 

Overall, I give this show a 7/10. I wanted to give this show higher. I really did. The art, animation and music was pretty nice. It was more of a character issue. The plot and characters started out more unique. As the show went on, it became more and more trope filled. It's a pretty saddening since I hoped for more! It was still good, though. If you like romance it's worth giving a try! I did like it a well, but it wasn't what I hoped it would be. 

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitensha-bu:

The last episode! I actually noticed the blonde girl never officially joined. I just assumed it counted anyway. The misunderstanding was a sweet note to end it on. They are now an official bike club, everyone is happy end of show!

Overall I give this show a 5/10. I don't really recommend it. Everything about it is incredibly average. The characters, the animation the music. It isn't even bad persay, but nothing is really good about it either. It was mostly a waste of time if you ask me. Long Riders is a way nicer bike anime, if you're looking for something like that. 

Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel:

This is part of the final battle, the first half anyway. A lot of it was pretty predictable to be honest. The one having the strange memories is actually the weird goddess herself. A flashback of those 3 girls, some interesting stuff. Still kind of typical predictable plot twists, though. Either way I look forward to end of this series. 

Youjo Senki:

Despite a really amazing victory, this episode did something really interesting. It showed how hollow the actual victory is. Even Tanya isn't satisfied with it, and has somewhat of a conscious. I liked this a lot, it was really interesting. I wonder how this series will wind up ending? This changed the playing field a lot! Definitely a good one, I liked it a lot! Maybe even my favorite one of this series! 

Ao no Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen:

Sadly this season has ended. It's sad, since I'm very fond of it. It ended on a very sweet note. The whole marriage proposal and redemption arc was very sweet. It was nice seeing everyone happy. The odd thing was how little Rin and his brother were in it. I thought there would be way more drama. It ended on a peaceful note. The headmaster of the school is obviously suspicious. I hope we get more of this soon!

I give this series a 9/10! This was easily one of the best in the Winter anime season. It was just as good as the Blue Exorcist I know and love from before! Great story, amazing characters, good animation, basically amazing everything! I love this show, and getting more of it was a great experience for me! 

March 25th, Saturday:

Seiren:

Last episode. It ended in a very romantic sweet way! It was school festival stuff but also Christmas. That makes for a nice ambiance. Them having a kid in the end was very nice and sweet! I love those 2 members in the home economics club. I would watch a whole series based on them truth be told! A great final episode, if you ask me!

I really want to give this a higher rating, but I can only give it a 6/10. Don't get me wrong it has it's good traits! The art can be pretty, and it made me want to watch Amagami SS. On the downside,the pacing at times was strange. The character development was iffy at times, and the animation sometimes dropped in quality. I feel like it would have been better if it tried to be more unconventional. In this show the girls loose their personality once the main boy has won their heart. It's really irritating. You guys might like it, but Amagami SS is most likely better. I'll let you know if it is, maybe review that as well! 

Classicaloid:

This was funny. The tension died pretty fast and they were able to rally together pretty quickly. I like seeing them use their music power. It was best when they officially won. I don't know why her father is like this, it doesn't exactly fit with the tone. Still it was really awesome! It's sad the finale is next week. I look forward to it, despite that. This final face off with the bad guys was great! 

BanG Dream:

This episode featured two things. One band playing and them working at the place they play. It was cute seeing them do work. I'm surprised that they waited so long to tell them about the place closing. You would think they would do it faster to move the scene along! This episode was filler, cute filler but filler regardless. It was an OK episode, but not the best. 

Rewrite: Moon And Terra:

This last episode was really amazing and intense! The way they did everything was kind of confusing. Them finding out he was a traitor was cool. The whole sacrifice part afterwards was nice as well. I like those sacrifice endings a lot, the tragedy and drama is so great in endings like that! I think I liked how it ended happily the most, though. Seeing them all grown up and reunited and him being able to be with his lover again. All nice things!

Overall I give this show 8/10. Unlike a lot of people, I do really like this show. I will admit though, the previous season was better. This was a bit more confusing and crazy pacing wise. It was still really enjoyable for me, though! The characters were really great, the art and animation was very nice and so was the music! I do recommend this show! It's not the best but it's still pretty awesome! 

Demi-chan wa Kataritai:

The final episode of an amazing show! It makes sense that we would start the show where it began. It was about vampire mostly and an indoor swimming pool trip. It was really cute and nice, and not really perverted. That's one thing I like about this show! This was a great way of ending it and I liked it a lot!

Overall I give this show a 9/10. It had a creative and heartwarming! It had very well written characters, nice art and animation and pretty good music as well! This anime made me feel good whenever I watched it, and made me really feel for everyone in it's cast! It was an amazing show and I hope we get more of it! If not though, this was a masterpiece I'm happy I got to see in real time! It was almost 10/10 to me! The only reason it didn't make it the full way, is because some of the plot dragged a bit for me. For some of you though, I think it will be 10/10! I highly recommend checking it out! It was one of the best this season! 

Sengoku Choujuu Giga:

This was pretty funny! As someone who knows a bit of the history of the Sengoku era, Kenshin is typically described as feminine. Some people even think that he was a female in disguise during his life. This was really funny, I love his character and the other two in this show! I winded up laughing pretty hard at it! Definitely a pretty good one! I enjoyed it a lot! Maybe even more then last week's episode. 

Chain Chronicle: Haecceitas no Hikari:

This was the shows finale! The fight scenes for it were really awesome! I'm surprised the dark king got a redemption arc before dying. He actually tells his daughter to repair what he destroyed. It was a heartwarming and sad scene. I really enjoyed it. Them showing another kid like the main character being recruited was nice! A good way to end the show but also show how the cycle goes! 

I give this show a 7/10. I've seen people compare it to Lord Of The Rings and I kind of agree with that! It is a pretty good show! Nice animation and art, pretty cool characters and music as well! It did jump around a lot and introduce a lot at once. Individual character development was not in this show once. That's why it's only 7/10. I recommend at least giving it a look! 

March 26th, Sunday:

Tales Of Zestiria The X 2nd Season:

This actually wasn't the last episode! It is the setup for the final fight. Everyone made the sacrifice for Sorey to give him a huge amount of power! They are all going to defeat the evil king. He used to be a human with a conscience. It'll be interesting to see how it ends. I assume what will happen is that they'll be able to reform him. Like Chain Chronicles did! I look forward to it either way it's going to be awesome! 

Idol Jihen:

The finale of this show! In the end everyone came to the concert and loved them anyway. In the end they win power in the government and defeat that one fun hating mean guy. It was good and in the end it just ended in a fluffy great way! They wore the outfits they had on the promo posters. It was good.

Confession time I really like this show. I give it an 8/10. It had an interesting concept and the story was interesting and moved at a nice pace. The characters were cute and well designed, the art and animation was nice and the music was pretty good as well! There were a few absurd "really?" moments but I enjoyed it a lot anyway. 

ēlDLIVE:

The final episode of the show! The new guy was a spy turns out. They fought him and won and forgave him. It ended in a nice peaceful way and the girl is much nicer to the main guy now. I loved this episode, it was a great way to end it! 

I wanted to like this show way more then I did. It had a unique and interesting concept, but the art, music and characters were only very meh at the end of the day. They didn't change much from beginning to end and the show had it's fair share of cliche's. I give it a 6/10. It wasn't really bad but it wasn't the best, definitely not. It might be worth it if you like alien stuff, but I don't know. I personally probably won't watch it again. 

Nyanko Days:

This was the final episode! They found them on the stage, and the cheerful cat befriended Elsa. A very cute ending to a very cute series!  It was very cute, and I actually wonder if they'll make another season. It seems like the type of thing that would get renewed for another run!

Overall I give this show a 7/10. It had cute art and good animation. Ultimately the plot is just cute filler. It's only one minute long episodes and isn't really some ground breaking thing. I like it, but some of you may not. If you want something relaxing and cute to watch, I would recommend this. 

Little Witch Academia:

This episode was fun! Turns out I misread something, though. It's words not worlds! My mistake! That just makes it even more interesting for me. They were preparing for a presentation of sorts. I think my favorite part was the whole thing with Akko looking like Diana. I feel really bad for Akko! She deserves to feel better about herself! She has value as a person! I'm excited to see what she's able to and even more about what Diana is up to! This was a great episode! 

March 27th, Monday:

Gabriel DropOut:

This was the last episode! The new character was interesting. I really liked her! She wasn't as naive as a lot of the other angels. For a minute, I thought the show would end badly! I'm glad it didn't, it winded up really amusing instead! I appreciate that! It was a nice note to end the series on!

Overall I give this show a 9/10. I know you guys might think it's a little high sounding. I think it deserves it though. the animation flows nicely, the art is nice and all the characters are likable and interesting. The plot also moves at a nice easy to follow pace. I wish I could see a serious series with the characters, instead of a comedy. I don't know why, but I'd love to see them being edgy. The only thing is that sometimes it dragged, keeping it away from a solid 10! I still very highly recommend this series however! 

Chiruran: Nibun no Ichi:

The last episode was oddly laid back. The show always has them fighting but this one just had them all happy, taking a break if you will. I suppose it's a nice way to end the series. It was kind of boring for it to go out like that. Normally I wouldn't mind but it doesn't exactly fit the tone.

Overall I give the show 7/10. It was funny, made me laugh and did well for the time it was given. The characters were funny and the art was nice to look at. IT wasn't a masterpiece or anything but good all the same! I recommend at least giving it a look especially if you enjoy slapstick! 

Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori:

Yes thank god! The finale! It ended in the way you would expect. They won the battle, dramatically fell off the ship, white haired guy enjoys being alive now kind of. Just all that stuff. It also ends with them recruiting another suicidal guy, like Chain Chronicles but not as good!

I want to rate this lower, since personally I didn't get a lot of enjoyment out of this. I give it a 6/10. The art and animation is fine but it's has it's share of hiccups. Most of the characters are either bland or irritating with the exception of one of them in my opinion. The music is Fine as well. Personally I would skip this one, it's kind of bland and if not that very annoying. I'm glad it's over. 

Overall:

This week was honestly...not as good as I hoped to be honest. I was hoping for much more, especially from a lot of the finale's but instead a lot of the good shows ended leaving us with the worse ones! Oh well. My favorites ones were Little Witch Academia, Demi chan and Gabriel Dropout! My least favorites were ACCA and Trickster! 

I bid you adieu until next time, where I also spill what will happen with the Spring Lineup! In the meantime, I hope you have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment