Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Bravo's Weekly Anime Lineup #46

This week's anime screenshot is from Boku No Hero Academia 2nd Season

I'm surprised. This season seems to be going slower when it comes to episode release. A lot of anime's keep disappearing for a week and coming back. I hope this doesn't interfere with the schedule too much! Anyway make sure you're caught up and we'll get right into it!

This review also contains a special surprise!

August 8th, Tuesday:

New Game!!:

This episode mostly featured them in the studio working on ideas for the game. I actually wish this was a real game. I would definitely play it if it was. It seems so fun and cute! The good thing was the whole beginning half featured my favorite being nervous, and checking up on everyone's progress. The first part where she yelled made me laugh it was so funny and cute. Then they relaxed a bit at the end which was nice! I liked this episode. It was pretty relaxed but very funny and super cute! This is why I love the New Game series! I wonder when the new characters are coming, though. Hopefully next time! 

August 9th, Wednesday:

Boruto: Naruto Next Generations:

This episode featured two things. A lot of the characters, the boys training with their fathers mostly. Sarada however is having issues. The fact that Sasuke is not around for her is bothering her. Chouchou also doesn't seem to think her Dad is her real Dad. I think she'll realize that soon, though. I like her a lot but right now she's being bratty. Her Dad is great to her. All the training segments were fun as well, though. I liked them a lot. I can't wait to see Sarada find her father. Seeing her cry like that was honestly very sad. Though Sakura is a bit extreme almost punching her like that. Can you imagine if it hit? Still a great start episode for this ac. I liked it and look forward to seeing more. 

Netsuzou Trap:

The girls put the ex in his place. We get to see the girls past in more detail. It turns out the main hated her dating other girls out of jealousy. They start having sex again and it seems more mutual this time, but that asshole comes to take pictures to use as blackmail. He's going to essentially try and force them to either let him have a threesome with them, or leak the photo's of them making out on the bed. I am nervous for these two not going to lie! I do wonder what'll happen, I didn't expect the same situation to happen again. Good episode, though!

Saiyuuki Reload Blast:

The final episode of the reincarnation saga. I'm surprised by how serious and depressing Saiyuuki has been. I expected that Konzen would die first for some reason. Couldn't tell you why it was instinct and I was right! The way he died was brutal and surprised me. Tenpou honestly depressed me even more because he was my favorite. All of them depressed me a lot but Goku hurts the most in all this. That was some Game of Thrones level shit right here!

Goku was traumatized and I wanted to cry for him. Still, though we have Nataku. He's still missing. I think he will wind up being the gangs biggest anime this series. I look forward to that a lot. I hope we still get more of that goddess though. I really love her. I loved this episode it was awesome! One of my favorites! I can't wait for more! 

Hajimete No Gal:

This episode was weird and honestly kind of gross. It had two scenes with that one character I despise. Both with him being so gross and creepy shivers ran up my spine. The only great pay off from it was how one of the friends actually responded to it. I laughed hard at that part. I love how the main girl handles all these girls going after the main guy. She manages to keep them away and show what a great person and sport she is in the process. I'm also very proud of the main character. Damn has he been tested but he remained loyal. Nene is so irritating. I may hate her even more than the other girl! This episode was honestly meh. I did not like it much at all. I'd skip it if I were you. 

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV):

This episode featured a lot of the pink haired girl! I really like her, she is so pretty and I would have helped her out had I been there. I'm glad they put that guy in his place, it was awful of him to take advantage of her like that. I'm glad she did learn and became brave during that meeting with the student council. I know they won't get expelled, but maybe that one student might. I'm unsure, but the series will be going on for longer, so the main character's definitely won't. A really good episode! I liked it a lot! 

August 10th, Thursday:

Gamers!:

I cannot believe this show. The main characters are the dumbest group of people I've ever seen. They created a group to meet up and talk about video games. Even though there is A VERY PASSIONATE GAMING CLUB. What the heck is wrong with these guys!? The only person I kind of get is the shyer girl. I can see why she wants to avoid them. They may have come at it in a way that was too pushy. I don't have much to say on this, though. The pink haired girl wined a lot over stupid romance slice of life misunderstandings. More stuff between the main and the blonde, bla bla bla. It was meh this week, I would skip it to be honest. 

August 11th, Friday:

Vatican Kiseki Chousakan:

I'm a bit surprised! The duo has started to investigate another miracle seeming to have to do with a guy who could predict things. With this new investigation we get introduced to a new character. When I saw him on the cover, I thought he would be a female love interest. Turns out he is in fact a guy and he's honestly kind of cute if you want the truth. He was interesting. I don't think he'll be a secret bad guy, in fact I think the two main guys will rescue him. We see something has been punishing him as he calls it. I'm actually a bit intrigued to see how it all unravels. A good one actually! I liked it enough. Maybe this show isn't so bad. 

Jigoku Shoujo: Yoi No Togi:

This episode was fucked up but also shows Hell Girl is running out of ideas. This will probably be the last season of Hell Girl. Why? Because the backstory on the new girl was revealed and it is just a copy of the last season. That and it reveals a glaring plot hole! Hell Girl became Hell Girl permanently in Season 3. They also already tried this another girl becomes Hell Girl plot. It wasn't received very well and has a lower score then the other 2 seasons.

The fucked up part was some person wanting to send a kid to hell. However the fucked up thing gets overshadowed by the big glaring plot hole. That and the fact that the new character is just a regurgitation of Ai's backstory and the other girl that became Hell Girl from last season. That being being said. this episode was meh. It's enough to make people who are huge fans jump ship entirely, but you guys know me. I shall forge ahead! Maybe the show will make up for it later on.

Nobunaga no Shinobi: Ise Kanegasaki-hen:

They have almost finished escaping. A fire wall to keep the enemy from getting further is clever! I'm proud of everyone making it this far. If you know history you know that Nobunaga does make it out of this. You also know how his empire actually falls. Still I am interested to see how Chidori makes it out of this. I freaked out a bit when he came at her and broke her swords! Good episode, it was funny and also suspenseful in it's own way. I enjoyed it! 

August 12th, Saturday:

Boku No Hero Academia 2nd Season:

This episode featured for the most part our favorite Froggy girl, Froppy on her internship! We got to see bits of the other ones in training as well. They're doing well and I'm proud of all of them. Like I said, Froppy stole most of the episode though. She did one of her first serious villain fighting missions on her own. It wasn't supposed to happen and a hero was going to die thanks to the stowaway's but she did very well. 

Her quick thinking saved everyone and the last scene with her smiling is great. She listened really well to the hero she was working with and just did such a great job. I love her so much and am so happy to see her so successful! A great episode featuring my favorite character! The other official heroes they introduced were cool as well! I loved this! Definitely watch it especially if you love Froppy! 

Hitorijime My Hero:

This episode features for the most part the main kid getting bullied around. Honestly not much else that felt very important happened if you ask me. It was sad to see him get pushed around. I thought the teacher was going to protect him and it was going to be nice. Instead he breaks in and tackles him onto the bed!....Yayyyy???? That wasn't fun. I'm more intrigued by that other guy who seems to get super pissed at the drop of a hat. No idea what's with him but he's going to be interesting for sure. This was...ehh to be honest. I hate yaoi tropes. Can't I just see a cute romance like Yuri On Ice again? That was good. Bring that back. 

Re:Creators:

You're back again! Ok Re:Creators stop disappearing! This episode featured the fighting tournament and it was fucking AWESOME. We had Rui and Selesia fighting the main bad guy. Most of the episode seemed to focus on this. They are trying to find ways to defeat her but the original plan isn't working. If anything it seems like she got even more strong. There was also Yuya vs Shou which was also awesome. What he did with the glasses was not something I saw coming. I do wonder how they will defeat the main bad guy. She seems impossible to get a leg up on. 

My favorite scene by far would have to be Blitz and his creator. He was so cool and him shooting the creator was not something I saw happening. As a writer who makes my characters suffer a lot, this show makes me squirm a bit. Still it was a very interesting confrontation. I gasped when he came face to face with his daughter. That creator is either the best person, or evil as hell. I wonder if he'll switch sides because of that. The creator also isn't officially dead yet. I think she might live. Who knows. I loved this episode. It was awesome! Can't wait to see how this all goes down! 

Owarimonogatari 2nd season:

Finally it's here! 

For those of you who don't know, this show is a very popular one by Studio Shaft. It's based on a light novel and has a non linear story telling style. This makes the show a bit confusing, even I have trouble following so you may want to watch yourself. I'm going to suck at explaining it. Despite it's confusing storytelling style, I like it a lot. We also got 2 episodes today! The greatest thing that happened was the return of Hachikuji.

I honestly thought she was dead. Her return was fun and I'm glad to see she's OK considering she seemed to be in hell and all. I love the vampire girl when she's in her full grown form. She looks so cool! Then there was the main guy and girl getting even closer. They have been together for quite sometime. They are on a first name basis and it was really cute. I love the nutty conversations they have, and them bowling was great. A great introduction to a new series! The art and visuals are as stunning as ever. So are the characters and everything else! I'm so happy this is back! 

Katsugeki Touken Ranbu:

This episode featured the beginning of this other group. I love everyone in it. For some reason this particular group appeals to me. Probably because a lot of swords in this team are ones I like more then the others. Mikazuki is awesome as always. I still don't get why he's acting vaguely pompous. In the other show he seemed softer? Still I loved him. The two brothers are cool as well. This is my first time seeing them, though. They are also fighting what seems like a much stronger enemy compared to what we've seen thus far. I look forward to seeing how it goes down! A great episode! 

The Reflection:

The anime is going back to being a bit quieter. Disappointing but we did see potential new characters. I'm putting all my coins into the main girl getting kidnapped by that one creepy guy. I like the dude who seems to have vibration powers. He seems like he's be an interesting addition to the team. They just seem to be driving around but I'm not sure exactly what the goal is. I'm assuming it's finding the reflected. An OK episode I guess but slow!

Bungou Stray Dogs: Hitori Ayuma:

Surprise guys! Guess what made an appearance again! The first show I ever reviewed back on the list! Normally I don't really review OVA's. Bungou Stray Dogs however is an exception. It is the first anime I reviewed on this site, and probably holds a special place in the heart of my fans. That being said, I wanted to do this for them!

This OVA focus's entirely on Deppo from season 1! This OVA takes place after someone died under his watch. He meets a short person, whether it's a little girl or just a girl that happens to be short, I'm not sure. She speaks like an adult, but whatever. He's supposed to be stopping a bomb from going off and killing people. The girl is the one who's carrying it and being manipulated by the creator of the bomb. He stops it. The dude who did it is just someone who has a vendetta against the Armed Detective Agency. Part of me honestly believed that girl was going to die in the last part. I was so happy when he did that and saved her.

This was such a great character development moment. I'm proud of Deppo! That and we had Dazai fucking with Deppo over a phone call. That was funny and he made some of the best faces during it. Atsushi's reaction to it all in the background took the cake as well, though. A great episode! The Chuuya scene at the end took the cake as well. I love this show and can't wait for the movie! 

August 13th, Sunday:

Kakegurui:

Two things are going at once. Word has gotten around that Yumeko wants to challenge the student council president has gotten around. The crazy bitch with the gun captured Yumeko and the main boy to have them challenge her first. Their lives are on the line this time since she is a pretty crazy bitch with a gun. I wonder if she's going to get shot. Meanwhile, we have the student council talking to the blonde. She's trying to convince her to join the student council. I think she's going to sell them out honestly. This anime has so many terrible people, haha. A good episode, though! I enjoyed it! 

Princess Principal:

This episode features the past of the main character, Dorothy. She goes back to where her father is with Beatrice. This episode was dark, even by this shows standards. We see her fathers issues and how he would beat her but then apologize when it was far too late. That scene honestly upset me a lot. Dorothy looked so broken after all of it and it was awful to have to see. In the end the father was killed by Gazelle. Dorothy doesn't seem to know her father is dead yet. His death was brutal with an axe to boot, so it'll be interesting to see how she handles this. Especially since she still seems to care about her Dad despite all he's done to her. Good episode! I can't wait for more! 

Centaur no Nayami:

This was another good one I enjoyed! Not as much that was interesting to me this time around. Apparently centaurs that have red hair are rare. The story behind her family, or the legend is interesting. There was also another character and her Dad for a bit. Honestly I liked the episode but I don't have a lot to say. It was pretty casual and not a lot of interesting stuff happened. Not a favorite but still, I liked it. 

Ballroom E Youkoso:

This episode featured the two new couples dancing. The sister and the main guy are honestly really cute. Main guy learned more about staying in his own lane. He kept crashing into other people on the dance floor. Poor guy lacks a lot of grace. At this rate he'll never get the girl! Poor guy! Still in a way I think these 2 might be better together. The new girl is honestly the sweetest little cutie. Still I enjoyed the episode. Honestly all the characters in this are pretty charming! Fun episode for sure! 

Fate/Apocrypha:

The dude in the glasses that has Frankenstein saved the girl in the wheelchair. The tension they have between them is honestly quite interesting. I sense one of them eventually dying and the other wanting revenge. We are now going to see some of the black team fight in a group. That will hopefully be a theme more. When it's only 2 all the time, it's hard to follow. Mordred was enjoyable as well and I enjoyed it. Jack The Ripper is also unsettling. Honestly, her as a cute smaller girl cheerfully eating human organs like it's normal? That makes it even more disturbing for me. Still though awesome episode! We are being shown new characters, I wonder if they are part of a neutral party. I didn't think it was possible but still I'm very intrigued! 

Owarimonogatari 2nd Season:

Oh! Interesting another episode! I wasn't expecting it, but here we go! 

Hachikuji is now a god like the other girl planned. I'm a bit nervous about this. Why? Well last time this didn't end really well. Awhile ago Sengoku became one and it was not a fun time. Still she seems like she's still in control. The reactions in this show baffle me though. Araragi barely reacted at all! The more interesting part was with Ougi and Araragi. It was really sad to hear him say, "Farewell To My Adolescence." It really hammers it home that this is the last saga of the Monogatari series. It was interesting that his mentor came back. I didn't expect that at all. It's sad seeing him go back to being normal. 

August 14th, Monday:

Isekai Shokudou:

This episode mostly featured 2 interesting characters. The one guy was a sailor. It was sad to see his story honestly. He had it pretty rough before finding the cafe. I'm happy he has to place he can go to rest. I think the most interesting part was the dragon girl.I immediately fell in love she was honestly so cute. It was funny when she first appeared for sure. This was the first more fanservicy scene of the show. It was cute seeing both her and that sailor guy eating curry. A cute episode for sure! I enjoyed it! 

Koi to Uso:

They pretended to have sex sort of because apparently the government was watching. They would also be penalized if they didn't. The one white haired dude seems to be working more for the main character's interests. He's going to be in a lot of trouble if the higher ups find out, that's for sure. I know any moment the girl he actually loves is going to get her assigned partner. That's going to be brutal. I also know the blonde is falling for the main guy. Either way a good episode! It was better then the last one and I enjoyed it more! 

Overall:

Overall this was a good week! I'm a bit peeved that some anime isn't showing up since I need to review it but whatever. You have to be happy about what you have, no? My favorites this week were Saiyuki, Bungou Stray Dogs and Princess Principal. My least favorites were Jigoku Shoujo and The Reflection. 

I bid you adieu until next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment