Monday, May 21, 2018

Top 5 Panels of the Week - 5/16/18



Comic Frontline is starting a new segment where the crew picks their Top 5 comic panels from the week, and then you guys get to vote below which panel was your favorite. In next week's post I will announce the winner from the poll.

Fan Panel Pick From Last Week - Runaways #9 - Power Pack, The Youngest Heroes of Marvel


  
KAT

5. The Dead Hand #2 - I Believe You, Federick


In this issue we are introduced to Renae and she's VICIOUS! I love how calm she is in the panels before and then BAM.

4. X-Men The Wedding Special #1 - Who Says God Doesn’t Have A Sense of Humor


Chris Claremont gave such a beautiful tribute to Kitty in his short story. Every piece of dialogue stayed true to her character, but I especially love how this panel showcased her religious background, which has always been an important element to her character.

3. The Mighty Thor At The Gates of Valhalla #1 - I Don’t Want To Know the Future


I love the little hints of Jane becoming Thor again in the near future.

2. The Mighty Thor At The Gates of Valhalla #1 - Fly One More Time


It was good to see Jane happy, and an interesting visual to watch regular Jane Foster flying with the hammer.    

1. X-Men The Wedding Special #1 - Frenemies Forever
  


This little nod to Emma Frost was perfection, enough said! I love Kitty's frenemies relationship with her.

BRANT

5. Aquaman #36 - Bad Actor



Murk's play-acting here is just hilarious and sets an odd mood amidst the war going on.


4.  X-Men Red #4 - Abs-Lantis


This is classic Gabby, and it shows yet another side of this complex character. She digs Namor's abs almost as much as Kat digs Stephen Amell's! :)

3. X-Men Wedding Special #1 - Frenemies Forever


Love the nod to Astonishing X-Men where the two were featured. This was classic Emma and a beautiful sentiment in the story.

2. Quicksilver: No Surrender #1 - Living in a Horror Film


This is just one of the panels that brilliantly illustrated how Quicksilver feels in this frozen world he's trapped in. Very poignant.

1.  X-Men Red #4 - I Have Feelings Too!/....Impervious To The Wonder Of A #$%@%$& Mermaid!


Laura enjoying the splendor of a mermaid and defending her right and ability to do so is just another shining example of how much this character is grown, and how well she is written here.

JAY

5. Fence #6 - IT'S JAY! J-A-Y! JAY!


Kat read this on Wednesday and shared it and it totally cracked me up! This is like me trying to explain my name to people. I mean it is so simple 3 freaking letters IT'S JAY! J-A-Y! JAY!


4.  X-Men Red #4 - I Have Feelings Too!/....Impervious To The Wonder Of A #$%@%$& Mermaid!




I love everything about this! From Gabby's youthful excitement, to Jean's face at Laura's excitement to Laura's response. It is all pretty amazing! I love how Tom Taylor gives us the human side of Laura something we do not get to see that much.

3. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #27 - Call To Arms!


Just look at it! I mean seriously, this page is MORPHENOMENAL! To see all of these Rangers on one page, even if they are not all fighting together, it is still more of a Legendary Battle than the Legendary Battle itself! I can not wait to see more, and to see it when they are all on the same battlefield as Lord Drakkon himself!

2. Superman Special #1 - World's Greatest Detective!


This is why I love Lois, why I love Clark and why I love Lois & Clark. They have this great banter and they really do respect each other, this scene shows us all of that right here in one panel. I love that Clark knows that Lois is even better than Bruce, but then I ask myself; Self, didn't Bruce figure out that Clark Kent was Superman really fast and Lois didn't?

1. Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #27 - Stronger Than Before....


The Battle For Corinth is on, and Lord Drakkon has a new upgrade, thanks to Tommy's Zeo Sub Crystal and the power of the Ninja Steel Star fragment. I love this shield how it shows elements of the Zeo costume in it! But that isn't all he also brought some of the evil Rangers with him! Koragg, The Knight Wolf, the S.P.D. A-Squad, and the Psycho Rangers! Shit is about to get real!

MIKE SPIDER-SLAYER 

5. Hunt for Wolverine: Claws of A Killer #1 - Pig's Butt


Never in the comic book did I ever expect this to come out of Sabertooth's mouth I had to re-read it to make sure he actually said this.

4. The Mighty Thor At The Gates of Valhalla #1 - Fly One More Time


I loved how the future goddesses of thunder took a trip to current time to pay tribute to Jane Foster Thor and had her fly again. Very emotional and touching moment.

3. Injustice 2 #26 - Try Turning It On And Off


 
Thanks, Booster Gold for the not so helpful advice and helping with the complicated Wayne Manor security systems.

2. All-New Wolverine #35 - Are You Worthy?


Even the attempt at Laura lifting Thor's hammer was amazing.

1. All-New Wolverine #35 - I Can't Lose You




It shows you how important Laura is to Gabby and no matter what she is not going to let her die, which means can we get this version of Wolverine in the future from Tom Taylor? I hope so I will miss this series, it was phenomenal.



Top 5 Panels of the Week - 5/16/18

The Dead Hand #2 - I Believe You, Federick
X-Men The Wedding Special #1 - Who Says God Doesn’t Have A Sense of Humor
The Mighty Thor At The Gates of Valhalla #1 - I Don’t Want To Know the Future
The Mighty Thor At The Gates of Valhalla #1 - Fly One More Time
X-Men The Wedding Special #1 - Frenemies Forever
Aquaman #36 - Bad Actor
X-Men Red #4 - Abs-Lantis
Quicksilver: No Surrender #1 - Living in a Horror Film
X-Men Red #4 - I Have Feelings Too!/....Impervious To The Wonder Of A #$%@%$& Mermaid!
Fence #6 - IT'S JAY! J-A-Y! JAY!
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #27 - Call To Arms!
Superman Special #1 - World's Greatest Detective!
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #27 - Stronger Than Before....
Hunt for Wolverine: Claws of A Killer #1 - Pig's Butt
Injustice 2 #26 - Try Turning It On And Off
All-New Wolverine #35 - Are You Worthy?
All-New Wolverine #35 - I Can't Lose You
Created with Quizzes

To find a comic shop near you, visit Comic Shop Locator or call 1-888-comicbook.
For Interviews, News, Previews, Reviews, & more check out Comic Frontline 
Follow & Like Us On TwitterFacebookTumblrGoogle +, & YouTube
Let us know in the comments what you think of this Comic Frontline Article and don't forget to follow us on Twitter for the latest Previews, Reviews, News and Interviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment